Residents and businesses can properly dispose or recycle a wide variety of items found in their waste stream. The City offers many options.
- The Laconia Transfer Station accepts the lion's share of waste (including recyclables).
- Flattened corrugated cardboard boxes can be disposed of behind the City garage at 257 Messer Street.
- To get rid of leaf litter, residents are encouraged to take advantage of Spring Clean Up Day.
- For larger (natural) woody debris, the Hiiliard Brush dump accepts sticks and tree limbs up to 3" in diameter.
- On the first Saturday in August, the Dept. of Public Works sponsors an opportunity for households to get rid of their hazardous waste for free. No businesses can dispose of hazardous waste at this event.