Municipal Filing Period:
The Filing period was held from August 2, 2023- August 11, 2023, for the 2023 Laconia Municipal Election.
2024 Election Dates & Polling Hours:
New Hampshire Presidential Primary January 23, 2024, 7am- 7pm
New Hampshire State Primary Election September 10, 2024, 7am-7pm
New Hampshire State General Election November 5, 2024, 7am-7pm
New Hampshire voters may vote by absentee ballot for specific reasons.
The reasons include; being absent from the voter’s city or town, a religious observance, disability or illness, and employment commitments (including caregiving) during the entire time the polls are open. Absentee ballots may also be available when a weather emergency impacts an election.
After you have applied for an absentee ballot, you can use the Voter Information Lookup to find out if your clerk has received your request, when the absentee ballot was sent to you, and when your clerk received your completed absentee ballot.
Request an absentee ballot:
If you qualify to vote absentee, you will need to complete an absentee ballot application form (listed below) return it to your local clerk.
Click here for the 2024 State of NH Absentee ballot application.
Uniformed & Overseas (UOCAVA) Ballots
If you are a member of the military or living temporarily overseas, visit the UOCAVA page for voting Information.
Supervisor of the Checklist Session
January 16, 2024, 7:00 PM -7:30 PM at the Laconia City Clerk's Office
The purpose of this session is to finalize all pending voter registrations prior to the Presidential Primary Election on January 23, 2024.
The following documents are required for voter registration in the State of New Hampshire.
- Proof of Identity (examples: drivers license, non-drivers ID, or passport - or a Qualified Voter Affidavit may be completed)
- Proof of Citizenship (examples: birth certificate, passport or naturalization papers - or a Qualified Voter Affidavit may be completed
- Proof of Domicile/Residency (examples: utility bill, mail with your current address post marked within the last 30 days
Supervisors of the Checklist:
Marilyn Brown, Ward 1
Vacant, Ward 2
David Stamps, Ward 3
Vacant, Ward 4
Amber Flanders, Ward 5
Lynda Brock, Ward 6 (Chair)
If you have additional question regarding voter registration, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 527-1265.
The City of Laconia follows suit with the State of New Hampshire's RSA 664:17 in regards to NOT posting political signs on the City of Laconia's property.
RSA 664:17 regulates the placement of political advertising.
- Public property - no political advertising shall be place or affixed to any public property including highway rights-of-way
- Private property - requires the owners consent
- Utility poles/highway signs - no political advertising is allowed
- State-owned rights-of-way - political advertising is allowed as long as the advertising does not obstruct the safe flow of traffic and the advertising is placed with the consent of the owner of the land over which the right-of-way passes