Property Owner Designation Respondent Affidavit
If you answer yes to any of the following questions then you need to fill out the Property Owner Designation Respondent Affidavit, pursuant to RSA 540:1 (effective January 1, 2011) by January 31, 2019:
- Do you own more than 3 single family homes?
- Do you reside outside of the building you rent?
- Do you own the property personally (not the bank or a mortgage company)?
- You only need to fill this affidavit out once.
- A new affidavit needs to be filled out when the property owners change
- A new affidavit needs to be filled out when the property agent changes.
- There is a $10 filing fee per landlord, not per property.
- The affidavit needs to be notarized and filed with the Clerk's Office.
- If multiple properties are owned by the same landlord, a separate sheet of paper can be attached to the affidavit listing all of the other properties.