- Maintain a system of budget accounting approved by the City Auditor and the State of New Hampshire.
- Preaudit all claims and demands against the City prior to payment.
- Maintain and supervise control of all payments from public funds by a system approved the City Auditor and the State of New Hampshire.
- Post audit all receipts by all Departments for regularity and legality.
- Post audit all disbursement by the City Treasurer for regularity and legality.
- Maintain the general financial accounts of the City.
- Prepare the financial reports as required by the City Manager.
- Supervise all accounting operations of the City.
Working with the Treasurer and Trustees of Trust Funds
- Maintain custody of all City funds, investments and securities, except trust funds, including the deposit, withdrawal and recording thereof.
- Negotiate, upon the authorization of the City Manager, all loans to the City.
- Sign all checks, notes and bonds of the City.
Information Technology Division
- Install, configure and maintain City's technology so as to maximize efficiency, including computers, telecommunications and other information systems.
- Assist with design, implementation and support of software, features and licences as needed by various City departments in the performance of services.
- Develop recommended policies, procedures and protocols to ensure necessary system security and functionality.
- Provide helpdesk and technical support to City departments, troubleshoot errors, respond to issues encountered by users. Evaluate hardware and software issues, provide recommended solutions
- Implement and operate a merit system of personnel administration, including a uniform classification and compensation plan, as prescribed by the City Charter and the City Code.
- Prepare and maintain all personnel records.
- Receive and coordinate all requests and solicit, receive and tabulate all bids and contracts for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary purchasing records.
- Purchase, stock and charge out office supplies to various departments.
- Maintain an inventory of all City personal property which has a useful life in excess of two years.
- Mail out tax notices.
- Perform all functions required by Tax Collectors relating to tax liens and deeds.
- Collection of all accounts due to the City including taxes, water/sewer bills, parking tickets and licenses.
- Maintain proper records pertaining to the collection function.
- Turn over all receipts to the City Treasurer.